Thursday, February 4, 2010

ALANNAH CURRIE & JANE HOWARTH


Dying to get your Taxidermy on?



Alannah Currie. Formerly British singer-songwriter for UK band The Thompson Twins.
After the bust of the band in 1993, she dropped her music career for what seems to be the best thing she ever did. Becoming creative. With dead things. I would kill to do this for a living. The colours of the fox chair are absolutely insatiable. It screams luxury. Every nestly abode simply must have a chair like this. Almost as delectable as an Eames. No. No way near actually. But close.




Ok, so I don't really know alot about Jane, but what I do know is that I could wonder all day how it came about that she would be waiting for beautiful white birds to fall from the sky, scooping and clutching their warm bodies home, to her studio to proceed to stuff them with beads, fabrics and other figures of lush, strengthy femininity possessants. It's sheer genius. I'm rather intrigued the way their necks fall, lifeless and limp, but then the formalities of the fabrics and jewels somehow give the creature a new lease on life. After death. Although I'm not entirely sure if I could have one in my house. Perhaps the outside dunny.



No comments:

Post a Comment